Student research activities at CSULB under my supervision.
1. Computer Tomography Studies via Micro-Computer. By Koon-Sing Lam, 1984.
2. Computer Simulation of NMR Imaging. By Chi-Wen Chen, 1984.*
3. New Families of Periodic Orbits and their Stability on the Stormer problem. By R. C. Rubio, 1984.*
4. Three-dimensional Radar Image Processing. By J. Dennis Cline, 1985.
5. Image Feature Detection in the Frequency Domain. By David Alan Wagner, 1985.
6. Atmospheric Pollution Diagnostics (Laser Tomography). By Gary Dean Sharp, 1988.*
7. Forecasting through Queuing in Material Requirements Planning. By Nick Caperonis, 1989.
8. Machine Maintenance and cost in Material Requirements Planning. By Chris Chatzipapas, 1989.
9. Automated/Manual Measurements of Angles/Distances on Spine via DIP. By N.Hatzichristidis,1989.
10.Simulation/Analysis of Fault Diagnosis Methods for massive Parallel Machines. By C.Huffaker,1991.*
11.3D Reconstruction of Spinal Canal and some related Clinical Measurements from CT data using Digital Image Processing and Computer Graphics Techniques. By C. Newtran, 1991.
12.3D Reconstruction of Scoliotic Spine and some related Clinical Measurements from CT data using Digital Image Processing and Computer Graphics Techniques. By Allen D. Hamilton, 1991.
13.Automatic Enumeration of Objects using Digital Image Processing Techniques. By Wei C. Lee, 1991.*
14.Measurement of Rotary Motion using Image Processing. Doris Vivien Schoon MD, 1991.
15.Statistical Analysis of the Kalman Strip Filtering in Noise Reduction. By Farzan Fekri, 1992.
16.Noise Reduction Techniques in Image Processing. By Tariq Iqbal, 1992.
17.Data Compression Techniques, a Review and Implementation. By Hussam Ramlaoui, 1992.
18.The Processing and Classification of Remote Sensed Images. By Jeffrey Alan Greeley, 1992.
19.Imaging the Geometry of Electric and Magnetic Fields. By Gerald Michael Vasille, 1994.
20.A Feasibility Study for Distance Learning using Videoconference Systems. By William Young, 1996.
21.Digital Image Processing in Radiology. By Billy Chunkong Chung, 1996.
22.Analysis and Improvement of Compositing for Volume Rendering. By J.W. Hoffmeistet MD,1997.*
23.Wavelets/Neural Networks in Detecting/Classifying Transients in Machines.By L.Savidge, 1998.*
24.Multiresolution Analysis Techniques for the Analysis of Polygraphic Data. By Ling Wan, 1998.*
25.Wavelets in Image Compression. By Timo Siltanen, 1998.
26.Digital Image Compression using Wavelets. By Sukit Lertsuntivit, 1998.*
27.Weak Surface EMG Signal Detection and their Wavelet Treatment. By James Van Nguyen, 2001.
28.Evaluation of the Behavior of EMG Signals using Wavelets. By M.L. Amos, 2001.
29.Application of DIP Techniques for the Analysis of Angiograms. By N. Saba, 2001.
30.Digital Image Processing and Applications. By Dennis D. Nguyen, 2002.
31.A Digital Collection System for Surface EMG Signals and their Wavelet Treatment.By T.C. Le, 2004.
* denotes best Thesis of the year at CSULB’s College of Engineering.
1. The Analysis of Electromyography using Wavelets. By Jae Seon Lee, 1998. (I was co advisor with
Professor Malcolm H. Pope of the University of Iowa, by invitation).
2. Improvements of the Gravity field of the moon using Wavelets, By Ken Friesen, 2003 (unfortunately,
Ken passed away few weeks before formally submitting his dissertation).
3. Linear Phase Orthogonal Filter Bank Construction with Applications to Image and Geometric
Approximations. By Minh Bui, 2005.
Other research activities performed while I was at CSULB. These activities involved a combination of computer tomography and computer graphics experiments and resulted into fascinating 3d images. Furthermore, computer simulations based on several tomographic scenarios where done and studied using a number of image reconstruction algorithms. This work is not published yet, but it may be included in my forthcoming book on digital image processing.
1. Conventional Computer Tomography Simulation
2. Computer Tomography and Computer Graphics Combination Experiment
3. Traveling Through the Human Head Experiment
From Front to Back
From Side to Side
From Top to Bottom
4. Experimental Setup